Leader of the Nova Scotia Progressive Conservative Party
Critic Responsibilities: Premier’s Office, Executive Council, Intergovernmental Affairs, Department of Business, Department of Immigration
Tim is a dad. He and his wife Carol have been married for 22 years and they have two teenagers, Paget and Zachary.
As a CA with 20 years business leadership, Tim has strong views on the economy and cares about the community.
He believes in Pictou East and chose to raise his family here. He listens carefully to his constituents and takes the concerns of the community to the floor of the Legislature. By introducing Bills (and few MLA’s have introduced more) he drives discussion to the things that matter. Some of his Bills include:
- Cayley's Law (Youth Mental Health support)
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Act
- Helping Seniors Stay at Home Act
- Lyme Disease Strategy Act
- Act to Incorporate St. Andrew's Society
- Education Fund Protection Act
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Amended)
- Pensions Act (withdrawals for financial hardships)
- Exempting first responders from spring weight limits
- Service standards and penalties for NS Power
- Red Tape Reduction
- Service Dogs
- Transparency in Ministers' Expenses Act
Tim is approachable and enjoys chatting at the various community festivals, parades, sales and dinners and it is those casual, sincere interactions that give him focus and purpose.