VISION: A Premier Nova Scotians Can Trust.
As Premier, Jamie Baillie will personally oversee the Rebuild Nova Scotia Fund. He will be his own Infrastructure Minister.
Too often, government projects go over budget and no one is held accountable. The Bluenose rebuild is proof of that. So is the Yarmouth ferry contract that spent our tax dollars to upgrade the ferry terminal in Portland, Maine.
A Progressive Conservative government will automatically conduct an internal audit when a project goes more than 10 per cent over budget and make it public. This is our No Boondoggle Guarantee.
We will legislate a provincial school review program that takes politics out of the process of opening and closing schools once and for all.
To further ensure government accountability, we will establish a new Independent Office of the Commissioner of Ethics and Conflict of Interest and make that person an officer of the House of Assembly
A Progressive Conservative government will also put in place strong accountability measures like:
- • Fixed election dates within our first six months in office.
- • A complete review and public report by the Auditor General of the province’s books, six months before the election.
Never again will a new government say they didn’t know the state of the books.
- • Increase the per vote funding parties receive by 50 per cent for votes cast for women, African Nova Scotians
and Indigenous candidates
- • Independent costing of party platforms.
- • An annual review of government promises with annual public reporting on whether they have been kept or broken