SPRINGHILL, NS – Cumberland South Progressive Conservative candidate Jamie Baillie says he’s proud of his record as the local MLA and looks forward to serving residents for another four years. Baillie, who is also the leader of the Progressive Conservatives and running for Premier, says Liberal attacks on his record are unfounded.
Just some of Baillie’s accomplishments as Cumberland South MLA include:
· Introducing legislation to secure the future of the Anne Murray Centre
· Committing to the completion of the River Hebert School
· Introducing legislation to promote environmental and traditional access in wilderness areas
· Challenging the Dexter NDP on the ongoing shortage of physicians in Cumberland County
· Standing up for local taxpayers when the NDP mismanaged the jail construction process
· Defending the Springhill institution from undue attacks brought on by the federal Liberals
· Standing with local businesses and fighting against job-killing labour laws like first contract arbitration
· Holding the Dexter NDP’s feet to the fire on their long list of broken promises to Cumberland South residents
· Led the way on protecting children from bullying
“We’ve accomplished a lot together in Cumberland South and I’m proud to let my record speak for itself,” said Baillie. “The new Progressive Conservative team is offering Cumberland South residents lower taxes, frozen power rates, an end to wasteful spending and more jobs. Our plan is in stark contrast to the unaffordable policies of the Liberals and the NDP, who support high taxes, high power rates, more wasteful spending and more job-killing labour laws.”
Baillie also pointed out he maintains regular office hours in Springhill, Parrsboro and River Hebert.