- • We will treat seniors with the respect they deserve and introduce the Seniors’ Bill of Rights that keeps couples in care together and makes quality meals the law.
- • We will freeze the Seniors’ Pharmacare cost-share ratio so governments can’t make seniors pay more than their fair share.
- • We will offer free fishing licenses to seniors.
- • To assist low-income seniors to continue living in their homes with dignity, we will help cover the cost of repair projects.
- • We will enact the Safer Homes Act to make sure housing authorities make repairs to homes in a timely manner.
Nova Scotian seniors built our province. But after all their contributions, seniors are not getting the respect or support they deserve from the McNeil Liberals.
Millions of dollars of Liberal cuts to nursing homes mean many seniors are eating on less than $5 per day. That just isn’t right. We will immediately reverse the cuts.
We will enshrine in law the Seniors’ Bill of Rights to affirm our commitment to the health and well-being of Nova Scotians living in long-term care facilities, now and in the future. This new law will confirm our commitment to provide quality care and accommodation that is safe, comfortable and supports a high quality of life for seniors in nursing homes.
Seniors should never be asked to pay more than their fair share. A PC government will freeze the Seniors’ Pharmacare cost-share ratio to ensure no future government will download additional costs to our seniors.
We will increase funding for programs to help seniors repair and stay in their own homes by $4.5 million.
To encourage active lifestyles and the opportunity to enjoy our province’s natural beauty with friends and other family members, we will offer free fishing licenses to seniors.