Provincial & Local Events of Interest
Saturday, January 25th @ 2:00pm Kings West AGM @ at the Waterville and District Fire Hall
Saturday, January 25th @ 3:00 pm Central Nova Conservative Association AGM [email protected] Plymouth Fire Hall
Saturday, January 25th @ afternoon Sydney River Mira Louisbourg Wrap Up Meeting & Annual Dinner @ Union Presbyterian Memorial Church Hall, Albert Bridge. Registration & membership renewal begins at 2:00pm; Meeting at 3:00 ; Supper at 5:00. Tickets are $25 each. Information/Tickets contact Michelle at 902-578-3878 email [email protected]
Tuesday, February 4th @ 7:00 pm – The Founding Meeting for the new EDA of Preston @ at 2861 Hwy 7 (at home of Joanne Conrod) If you would like to serve on the new executive Contact: [email protected]
Founding Meetings will be organized soon for the following EDAs
- Cape Breton-Whitney Pier
Please Note: To be able to vote at these meetings the membership rules are below:
- PC Party Membership must be current
- Those whose memberships in the prior year have expired may renew at the meeting
- New memberships or expired earlier than one year must renew 72 hours before meeting
Welcome New EDA Presidents
- Cole Harbour – Nov 20: President: Rob Plante
- Sackville-Uniacke – Nov 20: President: David Borden
- Inverness – Nov 25: President: Leon Livingstone
- Eastern Passage – Nov 25: President: Rhonda Vickers
- Clare – Nov 27: President: Normand Cormier
- Queens – Nov 27: President: Gary Levy
- Richmond – Nov 28: President: David Samson
- Bedford South – Nov 29: President: Michael Kerman
- Hants East – Dec 1: President: Edwin Fraser
- Annapolis – Dec 2: President Ryan White
- Halifax Armdale – Dec 3: President David Wilkie
- Halifax Needham – Dec 5: President Jackie King
- Waverley-Fall River-Beaver Bank – Dec 5: President Tim Gale
- Shelburne – Dec 5: President Pat Melanson
- Eastern Shore – Dec 7: President Lisa Bonang
- Guysborough-Tracadie – Dec 7: President Neil Decoff
- Argyle – Dec 9: President: Clinton Saulnier
- Cape Breton East – Dec 9: President Rob Andrews
- Glace Bay-Dominion – Dec 10: President Todd McDougall
- Halifax Chebucto – Dec 12: President Grahame Coleman
- Halifax Citadel-Sable Island – Dec 12: President: Adam Smith
- Bedford Basin – Dec 12: President Chris Madill
- Digby-Annapolis – Dec 12: President Ginny Blayney
- Dartmouth South – Dec 16: President Larry Varin
- Cole Harbour-Dartmouth – Jan 22: President Penny Morash
- Clayton Park West – Jan 23: President: Heather Clarke
- Preston – Feb 4: TBC
Notes of Interest
- Employment Opportunity: The Caucus Office is hiring a health researcher. If you have an interest and research skills, please send your resume to Chief of Staff Nicole LaFosse Parker [email protected]
- The Hants West AGM was held on January 9th. The new Executive are as follows: President – John Trites taking over from Ed Kellner; Vice President Dan Boyd; Past President Ed Kellner; Secretary Doug Symonds; Treasurer Janice Munroe-Dodge; Directors Wayne Hines and Bob Morton.
- The Cumberland North AGM was held on December 12th in Amherst: New president is Gladys Coish taking over from Kathy Wells. 1st Vice President – Helena Brine; 2nd Vice President – Fred Cameron; Secretary – Dan Gould; Treasurer – Lacey Fisher. Board Members: Paul Van Boxel; Barry Helm; Cecil Smith; Ian Ripley. Legal Counsel Morris Haugg.
- The Lunenburg AGM was held on December 12th in Lunenburg: Sam Burton returns as president. Other directors include: VP Laverne Cartwright; Treasurer Susan Corkum-Greek; Secretary Phillip Veinotte; Directors: Richard Slauenwhite, Gillian Osmond, Wayne Higgins, Peter Zwicker and Evelyn Snyder.
January 22nd Congratulations to MLA Brian & Jen Comer (Sydney River-Mira -Louisbourg) on the birth of son John Samuel Comer. He weighed in at 9lbs at Cape Breton Regional Hospital.
January 25th Happy Birthday to candidate of record John A. MacDonald (Hants East)
February 2nd Happy Birthday to candidate of record Chris Mont (Dartmouth-Portland Valley)
January 16th Genesta Hellena Atkins (Guysborough-Tracadie) of Cooks Cove passed away suddenly in Moncton City Hospital, Moncton, N.B. at the age of 86. She was a dedicated party member. We send condolences to her family including son William.
January 14th Frank Bert Gibbs (Colchester-Musq. Valley) passed away at the age of 92. Bert was a long time Tory worker and supporter and served as the DOT Supervisor in Brookfield for several years during the time when Dr Colin Stewart was the MLA for Colchester South. Condolences goes out to son Lloyd Gibbs and his family. Arrangements: Service will be held on Monday, January 20th at the St. James Presbyterian Church on Prince Street with a reception held from 1–2 pm in the church hall(basement of church) and a service to follow at 2 pm.
January 9th Evelyn M. (Hirtle) Palmer (Kings West) of Nicholsville passed away. Condolences to her daughters Nancy Ebeling Melody Morse, sons; Colin and Tim Palmer and brother Brian Hirtle, president of the Kings West PC Association. Visitation will be held on Monday, January 13, 2020 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm at Black Rock Baptist Church, 1248 Russia Rd. Black Rock NS, followed by the Funeral Service at 2:00pm with reception to follow at the Burlington Community Hall.
There are many ways to support the Party with a donation today:
- Mail a cheque to PCNS Fund, Suite 1003 – 1660 Hollis Street, Halifax, NS B3J 1V7
- On – Line at www.pcparty.ns.ca and click on DONATE
- E-Transfer to [email protected]
- Telephone (902) 429-9470
- Consider becoming a Monthly Donor: Begin your monthly donation of $100 in January and your registration is covered for AGM 2020. (Tax credit of $750 annually)
Thank you for reading In Touch
If you would like to add a friend’s name to our email list just send us their email address and we will be pleased to forward our weekly updates.
Do you have a special occasion or political event you would like included in “In Touch”, forward by e-mail to [email protected] or call (902) 429-9470, Toll free 1-800-595-8679