- • We will stand up for Nova Scotians and fight for fair healthcare funding from Ottawa.
- • Under a Progressive Conservative government, there will be no new tolls on our roads and highways.
- • A Progressive Conservative government will replace Stephen McNeil’s ferry deal with one taxpayers can afford. We support and will institute a sustainable ferry service, without service interruption.
- • We will recognize out-of-province credentials for spouses of Canadian military personnel living in Nova Scotia
- • A Jamie Baillie government will protect shipbuilding jobs.
CANADIAN NAVAL SHIPS – MADE IN NOVA SCOTIA
There are growing concerns about the federal Liberal government’s commitment to replace the Royal Canadian Navy’s warships. Nova Scotia needs answers to avoid delays in the project that could result in significant layoffs and damage to our economy.
We will not accept delays that mean skilled Nova Scotia workers could be laid off and leave the province to find work.
WORKING WITH OTTAWA TO WELCOME NEWCOMERS
Nova Scotia needs more people to boost our population and increase the province’s economic potential. We will work with local businesses to expand the Provincial Nominee Program and partner with Ottawa to increase the number of skilled immigrants coming to our province.
STANDING WITH OVER-TAXED MOTORISTS
Nova Scotians already pay too much tax. We will not allow new tolls to be added on Nova Scotia roads and highways.
STANDING UP FOR VETERANS & OUR MILITARY FAMILIES
To help military families who are posted in Nova Scotia settle quickly, a Progressive Conservative government will recognize out-of-province credentials for the spouses of Canadian military personnel.
A BETTER FERRY DEAL FOR NOVA SCOTIA
We will make strategic investments that are the result of smart negotiations. We will transition to a more sustainable plan for a Yarmouth ferry service.