The Progressive Conservatives are on the move following an AGM weekend of work on policy, organization and campaign readiness. This is the culmination of a year’s worth of efforts like the Party has never seen before.
“The amount of work that has been accomplished in the past single year has been absolutely incredible,” Houston said. “These things don’t just happen. We are so lucky to have such a hard-working team focused on moving the PC Party to government. No Party has put in the kind of effort that our team has this year.”
Houston is very proud of the results the PC Party accomplished in 2019.
“Our by-election record was a highlight of 2019: winning four out of four by-elections,” says Houston. “I’m particularly proud of establishing a Party Standing Committee on diverse communities in an effort to understand different backgrounds and perspectives and to focus on constantly ensuring that this is a Party where people feel welcome and valued.”
“We’re building on the momentum of a strong year and today, we launch a campaign introducing the province to who I am and what I stand for,” said Houston.
This is the Party’s single biggest pre-writ spend in history.
Additionally, in 2019-2020, under the leadership of Tim Houston and Party president, Julie Chaisson, the PC Party, undertook the following:
Reorganized 27 of 29 ridings in accordance with the new riding boundaries resulting from redistribution. No other party has come close to meeting this level of organization.
Through an extensive regional consultation process, the Party adopted an updated constitution.
- Created the first Code of Conduct for our Party.
- Created a standing committee on Diverse Communities.
- Established an extensive party consultation and development program towards new policy creation.
- Performed a needs analysis and implemented updated and modern technology for getting out the vote.
- Launching a new, modern Party website later this week.
- Appointed our provincial Campaign Co-Chairs and building our election team.
- Launched a successful fundraising campaign and now have more money than we have ever had at this point in an election cycle.
- Instituted a new multi-year accounting practice that requires long term planning and increased fiscal accountability.
“Coming off a wildly successful AGM weekend, these are just a few of our accomplishments,” said Chaisson. “The work behind the scenes has been outstanding. I’m humbled every day by the dedication of our Party members and the time and effort they are willing to put in to help deliver a thriving, more modern Nova Scotia under a Tim Houston government.”
Chaisson encourages Nova Scotians looking for change to consider the PC Party.
“If you’re not happy with the direction of the provincial government or want to make a difference, the best way to do it is to get involved in the process. There is no shortage of work to be done and we are always grateful for more support,” said Chaisson.